Thursday, 25 April 2013

Is This Sun I See Or Am I Going Crazy?

*Plays Noah and The Whale '5 Years Time', "Sun, sun suuuuun"* Yes. It has made an appearance... THE SUN. Of course, this is England and no doubt we will be back to our old ways (watching the rain from our windows) BUT that doesn't mean that our wardrobe should still stay in winter mode, because believe it or not... summer is on it's way.

So this leads on to the reason I am making this post. GET RID OF YOUR WINTER-DROBE and update your 'drobe to Spring/Summer wear. Fair enough that it will be cold in places (because that is what England is about - get used to it) and this means that you should have the few items that will help keep you warm, but you also need those lovely items of clothing that let you cool down (i.e. shorts & vest tops).

Last year I was all about wearing shorts all the time (even in rain - just wear thicker black tights) but this year I am mainly about skirts, dresses or pinafores. I'm mainly going to focus on the great Spring/Summer things that I have recently found in NEWLOOK, however, I'll kick off with one/two thing/s from Topshop that I have found goes well and is perfect for when it's warm.

1. The dress has got a cut out of the back and I understand that it is not what everybody likes, so if you are one of those people, why not add a crop top to it? Not only does it look really cool, but people will be confused about whether they think it's a dress or a skirt (I got asked that question many a time).

2. I chose to add the 'Mickey crop top' to mine because the colour goes with the black stripes.
LINK FOR SIMILAR TOP (couldn't find the original)

3. LINK FOR THE DRESS (tall)

Now that I've got that out of the way, these are the great things that you can buy from Newlook at the moment.

1. £16.99 LINK // 2. £10.99 LINK
LINK




















Now that it's hitting the time that flowers and the leaves on trees are blooming, it's time for the floral print and what better yet to add floral print to another rising favourite of most people - pinafores.

1. £7.99 LINK // 2. £22.99 LINK // 3. £3.99 LINK
1. Simple vest tops are essential for summer. Yes you can have whatever you deem to be fashionable to go with whatever shorts (or whatever) you want. But sometimes when all you want to do is relax in the sun or stay cool - simple vest tops save you.

2. I've mentioned these before, and yes, they are super pretty and fit well. Great for summer.

3. If you are to buy "No.1 Vest Top", it is slightly see through and therefore this bad boy is great if you don't want your bra to be seen. It also stretches down and makes it acceptable to wear as just a top for when it becomes too hot.




Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...