Monday, 8 April 2013

The One With The Sims

Recently I have been noticing a growing trend of people talking about 'The Sims' on both Twitter and outside of the social networking life. I, for one, am a great lover of The Sims and have been drawn to spend a lot of money on expansion packs in the past. With more expansion packs of The Sims 3 coming out, I find it hard to restrain myself from buying or downloading them - you may be shocked to hear/see that I have no extra add-ons for The Sims 3 that I have *weeps*.

But anyway, from hearing so much about The Sims, I have gone back to my old ways (spending hours on the game and ignoring others around me, because lets face it, ruining a Sims life is so much more fun). What is great about the Sims is that not only can you build a house, a family of Sims and give them whatever traits you want them to have, but you also have the power to either make them a success or bring the grim reaper out - and everyone loves a good fiddle match with him.

I have had quite a lot of trouble with The Sims 3 recently, especially considering the fact that you have to go through some 'Origin' thing instead of EA now (what's that about!?) And it took me round about 1 hr 30 mins to finally have The Sims 3 properly updated in order for me to go to 'the exchange' and download some decent clothes and hair styles.

Another great thing about The Sims is the conversations you have with other people about the experiences you've had, "Hey! I once put a firework in my house and everything set on fire" ... "Hey! My Sim randomly set on fire" ... "I let my Sim run around naked" ... 'I locked my Sim in a room with no doors, food, toilets or bed... He wet himself and died" THE LIST GOES ON, and what a funny list that is.

If you are one of those patient people and actually like to make a decent life for your Sim, that can be fun too! Heck, I made one of my Sims a 'rockstar' because I thought it would be cool to be a famous Sim - it was cool.

Although The Sims is a great game, I find that I'm forever frustrated with every new expansion pack that they bring out because they include such cool things that I want and lead me to believe that the game would be better with that little extra add on, however, they aren't cheap and I don't have the money... Another thing to weep about. I'm just waiting around for the newest Sims to be out (probably Sims 4) where I will hopefully be able to drive them MYSELF and actually go into shops and work with them... That will be a great day.

Overall, The Sims is a great game that shouldn't be knocked, and if you've never played The Sims before - play it.

And if all of that doesn't convince you, maybe you should watch THIS trailer that proves how awesome The Sims is with their 'Master Suite Stuff' add-on.
(Click the 'THIS')



Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...