Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Farewell, 90210

It has been a while since I last posted (apologies) due to coursework deadlines and the lead up to a music FMP that my class were planning/performing. But now that most of that is out of the way, I will try and keep updating my blog with things that I find to talk to youse about!


To start of, I would like to give my farewell to my favourite show: 90210. Based on rich teenagers living in Beverly Hills, it follows all of them for 5 years, from high school up into adulthood (sort've).

The whole programmes starts with Annie and Dixon Wilson (Dixon is her adopted brother - explains why he is black and his parents aren't) On their way to start their new life in Beverly Hills after moving from Kansas. Throughout the first series, you see Annie and Dixon make a life in Beverly Hills as well as the show introducing you to the other big characters, Naomi Clark, Erin Silver, Adrianna Tate-Duncan, Ethan Ward and Navid Shirazi.

The first three years are based on their time in high school and they tackle many issues and you learn more about the characters and cheer on certain couples (that are forever changing) Ethan Ward leaves after the first series and is later replaced with Matt Lanter who plays Liam Court (extreme hotty - many topless scenes = love).

I'm not going to explain the whole 5 series, that's for you to find out for yourself (which I think you should).

I've grown up watching programmes like The O.C, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl and of course, 90210 and now I feel like there are no shows with the similar theme - teenagers maturing into better people whilst showing the problems that they face along the way. Of course, these shows are all based in different areas of America and all including the one couple that everyone cheers for - Marissa and Ryan, Lucas and Peyton, Chuck and Blair (and Dan and Serena) AND Liam and Annie.

What I loved about 90210 is that the storylines are continuously changing, developing and overlapping (so the show is never boring) and the fat that it is always sunny makes me feel happy when I watch the programme and makes me want to be rich and move to Beverly Hills and have a Liam Court of my own - ooft.

Back in the 90's there was another 90210 which then finished in 2000, so who knows, maybe they'll bring it back in 10 years? I do hope so...

If you haven't watched 90210 and are thinking of doing so - I say do. HOWEVER, you will be heartbroken when it finishes (as I am now) and soon have a 90210 shaped hole in my heart and need another similar programme to fix it. COME ON AMERICA, YOU WERE ONCE FULL OF SHOWS LIKE THIS.

All of the characters were portrayed in a great way and the show gives you a chance to love every character. I'm going to miss the sweetness of Navid, the fashion sense of all the girls, the hotness that is Liam Court, the awesomeness of Naomi Clark, everything about Annie and just everything about the show, really. 

So to finalise... Goodbye to 90210 - my favourite show so far.


nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...