Saturday, 4 May 2013

To Brighten Your Days



MISS VOGUE

Miss Vogue debut // Cara Delevingne cover


"Welcome to our first edition of Miss Vogue. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed working on it" - editors letter introduction to Miss Vogue.


With the big reveal of 'Miss Vogue' (the now 'little sister' of Vogue) back in January, I must say that I was excited to see what the editor would do. The issue is being brought out along with the June issue of Vogue (Kate Moss cover) and is said to be aimed at teenagers who "are still dependent on pocket money" - this seems to be a little untrue, but yet true at the same time. Advertising such things as Topshop and H&M and many other cheaper choices of clothing, but then showing things for us 'youngsters' to buy with prices around £9,000 (for a necklace, may I add) - not the amount of money that us younger people have (unless our mother is the Queen). Of course, this is still a part of Vogue, and showing what amazing designer things that could be bought is something that they would obviously do. I may warn you, although they are showing cheaper alternatives that we can afford, they are not showing any '£5 tops' - so don't get that idea into your head.

Flicking through the pages, I can see that they do make an effort for showing the cheaper (but still fashionable) options that are affordable for teenagers. And don't forget the 'VOGUE PROMOTION' page with Forever 21, where it shows some affordable and nice clothing "inspired by the easy, breezy cool of the Golden State and headlined by ingenue singer-songwriter Sky Ferreira" - Teen Vogue AND a 15% off voucher for Forever 21

Not only does it show the great clothes that teenagers can buy, but it shows teenagers/20s (people we ACTUALLY know) wearing great clothes to help inspire us for whatever look it is we are after.

I wont give too much away as I feel that you should be finding things out for yourself (by reading the issue) but to conclude, I'm glad to see Miss Vogue is sticking to the same layout/style (smaller version) of Vogue, and is showing the options that a teenagers would be able to both afford and appreciate. I've seen online that it is not known whether the Miss Vogue issue will carry on, however, I wish it does, as it is fun to read and actually does include some pretty great things.

Take a read and find out for yourself...



Nikita xo

1 comment:

  1. Love your luxury blog!
    Follow me and I will follow u back!
    http://lamourdesoibysm.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...