First of all, I would recommend that if you're like me and you love wearing nail varnishes, you should probably buy yourself a base coat that protects your nails. I don't do that and now my nail beds have gone orange and I've had to stop wearing nail varnish for a while so that they go back to their original colour AND look (they've gone all wooden looking - ew).
![]() |
| Where's my Chauffeur? • Alist • Lilacism |
These are my favourite three Essie nail varnishes I own. The middle one - 'Alist' (£7.99 - Superdrug), is best for most outfits and I find that you can't go wrong with this colour. The most risky colour, I would say, is 'Where's my Chauffeur?' ($8 - Essie), mainly because it's a bold colour, but stick to your simple colours like white and black and that nail varnish works great! 'Lilacism' (£7.99 - Boots) is just pretty, it goes with most colours and has a lovely soft tone to it.
![]() |
| Topshop |
![]() |
| Revlon - CLASSY |
This ---> is more of a nail varnish that you would use over a nail varnish that you have already painted on your nails, this is mainly because of the fact that the nail varnish is transparent (other than the glitter bits, of course). However, if you wanted to have a pure glitter nail, then it's not impossible! Just keep painting your nails - it takes around 4 - 5 coats. (Cannot find the link)
![]() |
| Rimmel London Matte Finish |
Finally, I show you this velvet nail varnish by Ciate. I have been after velvet nail varnish for a while (not as easy as you may think) and it cannot be found in your basic stores like Boots or Superdrug. I did, however, finally find it in Selfridges! Of course, you can probably find velvet nail varnishes in other places (the Ciate website itself?) but I found this in Selfridges. Priced at £14, I don't think it is worth the money, however, it doesn't mean that I think it's bad, I just think that's a bit pricey... Nevertheless, this is a lovely colour and the velvet sticks well and it lasts a good few days.This nail varnish comes with the actual nail varnish itself, velvet to stick to the nail varnish and a brush to brush away the remaining velvet on your fingers. (£14 - Selfridges)
Nikita xo




No comments:
Post a Comment