Wednesday, 6 March 2013

What comes after college?

I'm forever sitting at home on my beloved Mac watching fashion blogs, watching films and dreaming of what I wish life was like.

Cara Delevingne
I follow my favourite celebrities on Twitter and Instagram and forever get jealous about the lives that they live. You have the models, who are snooty and stick thin with no personalities... But then you have Cara Delevingne, who is loved by many and actually has the personality to match her beauty and gets to meet amazing people. Chloe Moretz, who is only 16 and has been in plenty of films, great fashion and has been on the cover of Teen Vogue. YouTuber 'fashionrocksmysocks' who gets free things, invitations to great events and has thousands of people who actually listen to her fashion advice.

What is most amazing about this is that they're young, however, that just makes me feel like I'm getting nowhere in life. With much thinking about the future, I have decided about what I want to do - be involved in fashion. What one of the main reasons about why I didn't not want to go to university is that if I didn't go, buying loads of lovely clothes would be pointless, because what does it matter if no one gets to see them? Which is what made me think more about a future career in fashion.

I dream to make my way up within the fashion industry, build my contacts and eventually become the next big thing. But hey, it's going to take a lot of work and odds are it'll never happen, but I might as well try. Not only this, but when I leave college, I will then finally start looking more into acting schools/classes.

If I'm honest, the idea of not going to university and being thrown straight into the deep end excites me. I know that university can help build knowledge and contacts, but once I leave, I'll be right at the bottom, whereas now, I get my 3 year head start - which I am going to make the most of. I will make the most amount of money I can, whilst still making my way up and hopefully move out! That is the plan, folks!

What about you? What do you want to do?


Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...