Monday, 7 January 2013

Is it just me that's doubting Uni? Or are you, too...

Whilst growing up, I've always wanted that one dream job that most others wish for, too; being an actress, well known. Of course, however, that is a rarity that most people actually make it to be the next big thing, which if you think about it, is quite sad. I'm one of those people that may want something more than anything in the world, but it will take me a lot to actually get up and do it. Acting is one of those things.

I understand that these days it's more about 'who you know' rather than 'what you know' and from doing Media, Music and Drama and Theatre Studies in college, it's made me think about taking a different route into acting. As I did not carry on Drama and Theatre Studies in my second year at college, I was left with one big chunk of Media and Music (music not so much cared for). The media industry is big. Simple. There are so many different areas of media that a person can get into, many of these I have considered, but the one I chose was television broadcasting. 

The Devil Wears Prada
I was so sure at the time of my choice and I knew that it is what I wanted to do, but as the months moved on and I sent in my UCAS, I finally started to think of other choices and things I were interested in. One of the main interests I have is fashion. From watching films such as 'The Devil Wears Prada" and the series "Gossip Girl", it made me realise that a bag isn't "just a bag" or a shoes aren't "just shoes", but something that can transform a whole outfit and give it a new meaning. It can change a 'daytime' look to a 'going out' look, a 'slutty look' to a 'more preserved' look, and if fashion can do that, then why shouldn't I take an interest in it?

As I know that my love for fashion is growing, I need to think of different ideas for what I actually want to be in the fashion industry. Do I want to do fashion journalism? Be a designer? DESIGN WHAT?! Shoes? Bags? Clothes? Wedding dresses?
                 But I haven't done art or textiles at A-levels!?
Should I really rush into going university or should I take a year out, take a fashion course and then decide what I want to do?




Either way, I know that the moment I bought my first pair of Christian Louboutins, my thoughts about becoming a fashion designer started to develop further. It's funny how a pair of shoes can change your views.



 Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...