Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Here's to the future, folks!

So, the end of college nears... It's strange thinking about it, really, 15 weeks is a long time, but yet, it will come so quickly. Everything we've worked for, for pretty much the whole time we've been alive is nearing it's end. Of course, we still have a further journey to go. For some of us, we'd go to university, whilst others may go travelling, others might stay behind and start working straight away. But one thing is for certain... Most people we know now will soon just become a memory. We'll move on with our lives and we'll make new friends. Making new friends doesn't make me sad, but the fact that I will be losing everyone else does.

You would probably be reading this and thinking that if it really makes anyone that sad, then they could just keep in contact. But the truth is, it's not that easy. We'll all have our own lives, make new friends and even the best of friends can become people who talk once every two months.

I wouldn't mind too much if I had shit friends or no friends, but it's the fact that I probably know and have known some of the best people you could ever meet. I could probably still easily say that infants school was shit, lets be honest. Juniors school is something not really to care about, but it's high school and college where you meet the people that can change you as a person, good or bad. If I think back to all the good times that I have had with my friends, I can't help but smile, and it's probably the same for you.

It's not only the times in school/college that have been the best, but the times outside of them, too. But at the end of the day, it's because of school and college that I've had these great times. Hate it as much as you want, but I always think that if we never went to college, we would have never have met the people and had the experiences that we have had. Any time I watch American films, they always say that they try to forget their time in high school, but am I the only one that thinks it wasn't too bad? It's understandable that you'd have your highs and lows, but it was a pretty funny time (well for me it was, anyway).


For me, my whole group will be split. I have one staying in Luton, one going to America, two going university (both of those pretty far from here) and then me, still unsure of what I want in life. I'm forever thinking what my life will be like in 10 years time, but not just mine, theirs too. Will we all still talk? Where will we end up? Who will have a family? And it's sad to think that I may not be a part of that after college. I have had one of my best friends move to Scotland, who I still luckily keep contact and another who has slowly drifted and I wonder which way my friends will go. Could you imagine walking down a road in 10 years time, walking past someone who was a good friend and not even recognising them or knowing who they are? That's another thought that scares me.

I'm not saying that college is over now, but it will be soon, and I was just wondering if I was the only one that felt sad that it's only a matter of time before your closest friend or boyfriend becomes that person that you tell your child all about. All I know is that once college is over, I'm going to kick it back old style and hope to throw a good old fashioned house party with some of the best people I have met, drink to the future and thank for the time we've had.

Who knows where we'll be in 10 years time.

Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...