Friday, 1 February 2013

My steps to grow

Phases is something most of us girls go through. I know that I go through different phases and I am currently going through my one now. I have decided that due to the fact that my 18th is this year, I need to make changes, and these changes include; growing up and creating a wider variety and understanding of music, fashion and film.

You don't just grow up over night, but there are plenty of steps that you need to take to become more sophisticated.

Step one - Hair is a wonderful thing

I love hair. Simple.
In the past I have been a victim of many when it comes to hair dye. I admit, I am not a lover of my natural hair colour, however, I shall make sure that I no longer touch my hair with the evilness of dye until it is at a respectable length to dye and then leave natural. I plan to grow my hair until it is 3 inches above my belly button.
Furthermore, I shall cut down on the usage of hot irons. To do this, I shall use products that create a natural curl/wave, i.e. Beach waves or curl serum (and hope it works).
When going out, I shall try to do many different things to my hair so that it doesn't look like I have my hair the same way every time. This will include putting my hair up in many different ways and using the occasional hot iron or heated roller to help with certain 'looks'.

Step two - Goodbye spots

Nobody likes spots. They're tacky and I hate them.
It is understandable that we can't help but get spots, it's natural, however, there are ways that you can stop yourself from getting them as much and this way is called DON'T USE AS MUCH MAKEUP. I never use much makeup anyway, but I do occasionally use powders and foundations on my skin because it hides the little spots I have.
Of course, when going out, if you have a massive spot, you are going to want to cover it (I would) and by all means, do! You're not going to want a spot the size of Kilimanjaro taking up the whole of your face, and I doubt people are going to want to talk to it either.
I will fall victim to using foundations and powders on my face, but my point is, is that I am going to take care of my skin. That includes regular exfoliating, moisturising and enjoying face masks.

Step three - There are fashion magazines for a reason

I do love reading Heat, the gossip is great. Not only this, but towards the end it gives tips on styling hair and make-up and different ideas for certain looks that you may want to go for and where you can go to find certain items of clothing that you may like the look of.
However, feel that I only limit myself to Heat and the occasional Vogue. I have decided to get a subscription to Vogue and also start reading other great fashion magazines such as; Elle, Cosmopolitan or maybe InStyle?
By reading these magazines, I hope to get a wide range of knowledge of fashion, styling and just reading interesting articles (and hope for perfume samples).

Step four - Nails count, too

Not only is hair, makeup or clothing important, but nails are too.
There is such a wide variety of colours out there, and many different ways to do your nails, too. My personal favourite is matting the nails, however, the idea of velvet nail varnish thrills me, also.
The idea of having a red nail varnish is a must for most people, as well as black. It is just one of those colours that can have hidden meanings or you might just be using for a, "hey, this makes my outfit look better". As we all know, red is used for seduction or danger. You find that most ladies wear these in order to get someones attention.
I plan to use nail varnish more (instead of leaving my nails blank), this will decorate my hands and give them more of a youthful look in comparison to the old man look they usually have.

Step five - We all love to doll up

I admit that my favourite part of the day includes putting my makeup on, it's fun.
I'm a sucker for the liquid eyeliner on the top eyelid with a finished off flick and long lashes. I also love the 'smokey eyed' look, however, this is something I find most hard to do (it doesn't help that I have barely any eye shadows), so this is the next bit! Buy more eye shadows to help create different looks. I still have my £100 M.A.C voucher to spend, and I plan on spending this on lipsticks, eye shadows and more mascara and liquid eyeliner.

Step six - Driving is freedom

I am currently doing my driving lessons and am finally heading towards the exit where I will take the plunge of a terrifying test and see if I am ready to be amongst those who drive. 
It's a terrifying thought, being a solo driver without the help of your instructor. Who will tell me when to go on a roundabout? Who will help me out of tricky situations? Who will steer my car away from others when I am so close to hitting them? But it is something I am willing to work my hardest at in order to feel free and drive alone legally.
Once passing my driving test, that will be a big step on the way to becoming 'a grown up'. 

There are still many more steps on the way to success, but for now, this will do.
I shall update with more steps that I need and have passed on my way to becoming a respectable being in modern society.
 
Nikita xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...