So, it's half term! A whole week off from the torture that is college or school, and so, any half term isn't a half term unless I go to London. I love London (well, certain parts of it) there are so many places to see, people to meet, amazing shops and amazing history!
I am one of those people who wish to pluck up the courage, leave home, move to London and make my way, of course, whilst being rich. So going to London for a day is just too little, so I attempt to make the best of it.
One of the main reasons why I go to London is definitely to go shopping. I started off in Covent Garden, had a mooch round and then made my way to a MAC store just in-between Oxford Street and Regent Street (Carnaby Street, Soho).
| MAC makeup |
I did end up buying some make up, and a lot of it! Spending over the amount that I had on my gift card, but hey-ho! It's great stuff.
After I had my fun in MAC, I then headed towards Nandos for a Medium Butterfly Chicken, Chips and Halloumi Cheese - the best thing you could possibly get.
| Selfridges, £14 |
For quite a while I have been after some velvet nail varnish, and alas! I have found it! Unfortunately, they only have it in this colour and no longer do it in black (That I could see).
It is £14, which I don't think is too bad considering most good nail varnishes are priced around £10 and this does come with velvet to place over the top.
You're probably wondering what the product is like and what it looks like on and here is your answer:
This is what the nail varnish looks like on! It does look better face - nails.
It is easy to use and it comes with a tray for you to put your hands over when sprinkling the velvet around. It is then also easy to place the velvet back into the tube that it came from.
It is quick drying and so you can then start doing whatever you want almost instantly after.
I haven't worn it for long, so I'm unsure as to how long it lasts for, but I hope it's a while! There is a big tube of velvet so it can be used more than once.
Whilst in Urban Outfitters there were two specific items that I could not resist to buy and these were this hip flask (£12) and this bird cage holder (£12)
I love the pattern on the hip flask and the bird cage just looked so cute.My idea of buying the bird cage was so that I finally have a place to put most of my nail varnishes. As you can see, it also has a bit on top, this is so that you could hang it somewhere (I wouldn't recommend putting anything in this if you were to hang it up because it would just slide out).
| The product in use |
![]() |
| Newlook, £29.99, Oxford Street |
They didn't have a size 8 in store, and so I had to go with a size 10, which still does luckily fit well! (I couldn't find it online - priced at £29.99 or half priced for me - joys of working at Newlook)
It is a bit of an odd looking coat, if I'm honest, but there is something about this coat that I love and I cannot wait to start wearing it. The material is very thin and so it is one of those coats that I would probably wear if it were to be a bit warmer than it is now.
Nikita xo



No comments:
Post a Comment