Monday, 4 February 2013

The Reading Experience

Nothing beats a good festival, and Reading was is a great one. I was a 'newbie' last year, camping with 6 other great people in purple zone and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The whole sense of freedom is amazing, you can do what you want, eat what you want and drink what you want. I must say, however, the toilets are probably the most diabolical things I have ever come across in my life, I recall almost throwing up whilst going for a piss... nice. I think I shall definitely be paying for POOTOPIA this year.

Say "Hello" to the toilet
Attempting to carry everything to the perfect place proved to be difficult. With just me and one other friend, it took us a good few hours to get through two zones, but hallelujah! We were saved by three passing guys who took all our shit (most of which I was holding!!) I know for a fact that I shall be bringing a sledge this year and will be dragging more than just one person along with me for the early bird.

If anyone is thinking of going, I say go! Even just for the experience. You're surrounded by madness and I, personally think it's awesome. Sure, the food is expensive, but hey! They had Cherry Crepes and that is totally fine with me (heck, that's all I ate whilst there..) also, the people you meet are amazing, I remember sitting round a campfire with my group + 4 randomers who camped near us.

To make Reading better, this year I shall be camping with about 13 people, and we shall all be 18... This calls for celebration.

With a great list of people playing last year, I am hoping for the same, if not better quality of people playing this year (even though it's months from now). Today seemed like a mission, with nearly everyone who is a big fan of the Reading&Leeds Festival keeping their ears glued to any form of way to listen in on Zane Lowe announcing a further 6 people to the ever growing list of people playing at this years festival. With bands such as Bring Me the Horizon, Biffy Clyro, Fall Out Boy, System of a down, etc... and artists like Jake Bugg and Eminem, this is proving to be an interesting mix.

I know for a fact that I'm excited to see these people and to see who else will be there. I'm hoping for a bit of Arctic Monkeys or Mumford or Two Door Cinema Club, but who knows!

What do you think of the newest people to be revealed!?


Nikita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...