Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Oh, life

Growing up is one of those things most people at younger ages wish to do, after all, at the age of 13 you feel like you are officially a grown up (little do you know that you're still a baby in others eyes). At the age of 16, it's your 'sweet sixteen', age of 17 you can drive, but then comes the best age of all (for us Brits) 18. The sky is the limit when you're 18. You can drink, get a tattoo, vote (I wouldn't), adopt, get a credit card, go clubbing... Sue someone... Be sued, get paid more! The list goes on.

Unfortunately, if you're from America, you cannot drink until the age of 21. Another reason to love Britain.

Whilst young people wish their lives away, the older people wish for more time. Life is full of ups and downs, some people find it harder than others. But the journey from being born to dying is an incredible one. Of course dying is one of those things that many fear, but I wont get into that.

I, personally am one of those people who 'wish their lives away', I don't wish to die, but I wish to be free. Something that I feel that I am not until I reach the age that law allows me to be free in comparison to all the rules I have to follow now. I know that the rules that we have to follow are not bad ones, they're ones that keep us safe, but some of them are pretty stupid and pointless. What's the point in having a law about legal consent for people of a certain age to have sex? Of course no one is going to go by that. You have sex when you want to have sex. But then of course you have those weird CHILDREN, YES, CHILDREN who have sex at the age of 11? I'm sorry, but the boy doesn't even have a deep voice, let alone a penis.

Rant over.

Some young people may never understand what someone of a certain age would mean by saying to 'enjoy your childhood', but being the age 17 means that you're too grown up to be a child, but not grown up enough to be an adult. It's a sucky age. I wish to be 18 and stay that way forever, but the truth is, we do grow up and things do change. I know I'm scared of growing up. After all, it does mean you're that one step closer to failure or success and it is something you'll only find out when you've hit that point.

Either way, life is life and as Forrest Gump said, "shit happens", but life still goes on.

Sorry if I seem like a downer,
Nikita xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...