Friday, 28 June 2013

Afternoon at Company Blogging Forum

So, here it is... The post that you have (hopefully) been waiting for - my afternoon at the Company Blogging Forum.
As many of you know, I had recently purchased tickets to the Company Blogging Forum (which I was super excited for). For those of you who don't know what the event was, it was an event that would give fellow bloggers tips on creating a successful blog, the afternoon included hearing from the Company editor - Victoria White, along with Susie Lau (blogger), Rihannon Ashlee (fashion blogger), Sally Burlison (PR and Social Media Manager for OhMyLove), Roxanne Nejad (Boohoo), Krista Madden (managing director at Handpicked Media).

The day started with a shopping trip to London and then the quickest walk imaginable to make it to the event on time. After getting off of the underground train at London Bridge, it took a while to find the right direction to go in - left, right? Up, down? WHO KNOWS. Anyway, needless to say my friend and I made it to the event.

After entering 'New Hunts House' at Kings College London, I was given my free glass of bubbly token and began the wait with many other bloggers outside of the lecture theatre. After (probably) one minute of waiting, my friend decided to go up and redeem her glass of wine and after a few minutes of debating whether I should or shouldn't, I decided to get myself one, too - it tasted LOOOVELY.

Whilst talking to my friend, we were both approached by someone who works for Company Magazine and were asked to go outside with her to get our photographs taken. As I stepped outside of the university I couldn't believe my luck that I was one of the 18 people that were asked this and was debating whether to start giving out a thank you speech (I'm joking... I wouldn't do that). I was asked for my name and age and then walked out onto a nice patch of grass where Gem Fatale (features writer for Company Magazine) took my picture (only after we discussed the pigeon that was looming in the back dying to get a photo taken).
Link to the site
Not long after being back in the university, we were all then taken into the lecture theatre and listened to other bloggers (mentioned at the beginning of the post) talk about who they are, what they do and their experiences about blogging. They gave awesome advice on how to make a blog successful, and only towards the end of the night, I realised (after looking around and noticed others were doing it) that I should have taken note of what they were saying. If you would like to know what was said, say in the comments and I shall write up a post about it!

After the talk and questions were over, I plucked up the courage to go down and talk to Rihannon Ashlee (FashionRocksms) - who is my favourite blogger! I rambled on like a complete loony and she probably thought I was crazy, but oh well! I met her and spoke to her.
(Excuse my dodgy looking face)

All in all, the day was awesome. I met lovely people and I definitely got all the tips that I think will be useful to my blog, however I will be keeping the same 'me' twist onto things to keep my blog personal and well... More, me. Finally, I thought I'd save the best till last, and that is...

THE GOODY BAG




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...